The Gulf County Property Appraisers Office currently looking to add a Office Support Specialist. Please bring resume by our office or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Office Support Specialist – A copy of the job details and requirements can be found here
NOTE: The Gulf County Property Appraiser’s Office is a Tobacco-Free Workplace
An Office Support Specialist is to work under general direction of Gulf County Property Appraiser or Chief Deputy. To assist in the effort to assess property consistent with state law and to assist in the maintenance of departmental files and records, which list all property (real and tangible) at its taxable value in accordance with standards prescribed by the proper authority, and perform related work as required.
Essential Job Functions
- Assists the public and answers questions concerning a variety of routine and complex problems regarding assessment and taxation.
- May be assigned to a specific area of the program.
- Front line for customer support, works in front area and responds to walk-ins and phone calls.
- Interview persons familiar with property and immediate surroundings for construction, condition, and functional design and take property measurements.
- Consider factors such as depreciation, replacement cost, value comparison of similar property, and income potential, when computing final estimation of property value.
- Reviewal of data regarding tangible personal property.
- Assist in Homestead Exemptions and other related exemptions.
- Search public records for transactions such as sales, leases, and assessments.
- Recommend measures to improve performance according to establishment policies and procedures.
- Performs related work as requires